An Open Letter to Greg Heffley, the Wimpy Kid from Diary of a Wimpy Kid, from the Nerd King


Dear Greg Heffley (or can I call you Greg?),

First of all, let me tell you I really like your books!  For a Wimpy Kid, you're a pretty funny guy.

Second of all, I think it's wicked awesome that you don't mind exposing yourself so much in all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.  I mean, let's face it, you look pretty silly in a lot of them!

It takes a lot of courage to let people see all your mistakes and the stuff you do when you mess up, so I'm thinking maybe you're not so much of a Wimpy Kid after all.

We've got one major thing in common you know.  We each have siblings that drive us nuts (siblings means brothers or sisters... I only point that out because I don't like it myself when people use big word and I don't know what they mean).

You've got Rodrick, and I've got Tabi.  Rodrick seems to do tons of stuff to try and make you look like a Wimpy Kid, and Tabi does the same thing to me, except she does her best to try and make me look like the Nerd King.

She made that up, Nerd King.  I used to actually hate it, but it's kinda growing on me lately.  I think it's the King part that I like, and let's face it... nerds are actually kinda cool these days.

Do you hate being called the Wimpy Kid?

I guess you might have it worse than I do because I just have the one sister, Tabi, to drive me nuts, while you've got Rodrick AND Manny.  I don't know what I'd do if I had to put up with another sister, although it might actually be cool to have a brother.  Mind you, after reading about yours in the Wimpy Kid books, maybe not.

Anyhow, mosty I just wanted to say I just really like your Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, so I thought I'd write to let you know.  Mom says the world would be a better place if more people had something nice to say, so I'm saying it... I like your Diary of a Wimpy Kid books!

Hope Rodrick and Manny don't drive you too crazy!

Yours truly (Mom says that's how you're supposed to end a proper letter),

Maximus “Max” Jeffery Ridgemont

2 comments: