Jordan Kennedy smiled at me


Monday

This morning at school this girl smiled at me in the hallway.

I'm not talking about a normal, "hi" and keep walking smile.  I wouldn't be writing about it if it was one of those.

No, I'm pretty sure this was one of those “I think you're really good looking” smiles.  The more I think about it, I'm positive it was a “you're really good looking” smile.

Her name is Jordan Kennedy.  She's in my English class, and she's probably the best looking girl in the class.

Jordan Kennedy - One of THE Kennedys?

She's definitely the best looking girl who has ever given me an “I think you're really good looking smile.”

Later in English class, I casually, making sure to look as cool as I could, turned my head and glanced at her.  She saw me, and gave me another one of those “I think you're really good looking” smiles.

I smiled and turned back toward the front, nice and slow, making sure to look really casual and cool about it.

Of course, that's how I hope I looked.  I sure hope I didn't look like I was ignoring her, or being snobby, or something else worse.

You never know with girls how they're going to take things.  You do one thing, and they take it an entirely different way than what you intended.

I had that happen last year.

This girl at school, Trudy, had always been really chubby.  A lot of kids used to be mean about it and call her names like “Fatty” and “Chubs.”

In September, after the summer was over and school started back up, I saw Trudy in the hallway on the first day of school.

Trudy had obviously lost a lot weight over the summer, so I tried to be supportive and give her a compliment.  I told her she looked great, and it was obvious she'd lost a lot of weight.

Well, I don't know if she just doesn't take compliments well or what, but she shrieked, started bawling, and ran off to the girl's washroom.  The girls she had been talking too all glared at me, and then stomped off.

I probably will never understand girls, but it's pretty obvious that no one can.

Even my Dad says he'll never understand women.

Anyway, hopefully Jordan got the right impression.  I sure don't want to blow my chances with her, especially considering she's the best looking girl that's ever smiled at me like that.

I did some drawings in my notebook of possible tatoos I might get if Jordan and I start going out.  The heart with the arrow is a given, but I'm not sure about the words inside.

Max & Jordan tattoo

Hopefully I'll make up my mind before I have to go to the tattoo place.

After school, Boogie and I went back to my house to do some more work on our YouTube show.

Dad asked us how our day went, and when I said fine, I guess Boogie thought that was his cue to tell my Dad about Jordan Kennedy.

What the heck was he thinking?

Of course Dad wanted to hear all about Jordan.  Most of all, he wanted to know if she was one of THE Kennedys.

That started a whole new conversation.

When Dad saw from the look on our faces that we didn't know what he was talking about, he said we really should know who THE Kennedys were and decided it was a perfect opportunity to tell us all about them.

Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Who knew that America had had a King and Queen?

President JFK and Jackie Kennedy - King and Queen of USA

I mean, Dad said they weren't officially King and Queen, but they might as well have been.

It's quite a story really.  Somebody should make a movie out of it.

President and Jackie Kennedy were this really good looking couple, and everybody loved them.  Then somebody shot JFK at this place called the grassy knowl.

Isn't that Crazy!  Somebody shot one of our Presidents!

The whole country was really sad, and everyone was looking everywhere to find the guy that shot JFK.

They eventually caught this guy named Lee Harvey Oswald, and they said he was the one who shot JFK.

Apparently that's not the end of the story though.  More evidence came out, just like on those detective TV shows, that there was more than one shooter.

Dad says they never did catch the rest of them, and that a lot of people think it was a conspiracy by other people in the government.

I'm telling you, they really should make a movie about this.  It'd be HUGE!

Anyways, once Dad was done telling us about the Kennedys, Boogie and I finally made it up to my room to work on our YouTube show.

It was hard to concentrate though.  I kept thinking about the Kennedys, and JFK getting shot.  Most of all, I was really curious if Jordan was one of THOSE Kennedys.

No comments:

Post a Comment