totally WASN'T trying to look up Cindy Patterson's dress

Monday

I ended up in detention again today at school, but it wasn't my fault.

Really! It was a big misunderstanding on the teacher's part, but I can see how he thought I was trying to look up Cindy Patterson's dress.

I TOTALLY WASN'T, but I'm just saying I can see how he might've thought that.

Boogie and I sit next to each other in math class and were having a little disagreement over whether Darth Vader or Professor Xavier would win in a fight.

Darth Vader vs Professor Xavier (Star Wars vs X-Men)

It's pretty obvious that Darth Vader would win, but Boogie kept insisting Professor X would.

I like the X-Men a lot, and Professor X is pretty cool for an old guy, but there's no way he's more powerful than Darth Vader. I mean, come on... Darth Vader is a Jedi, and he's got the WHOLE power of the Dark Side. That totally trumps Professor Xavier's mind powers.

Anyway, Boogie and I were writing and doodling back and forth on a piece of paper as obviously you can't have a serious debate like this out loud in math class. Mr. Sorenson would get mad cause all the kids would be more interested in Darth Vader vs Professor X than in the math lesson.

Darth Vader's Hand (Star Wars)

I'd just finished drawing a pretty awesome picture of Darth Vader's hand using the Force to shove Professor X's wheelchair like a million miles away and was passing the paper back to Boogie to show him when it fell on the floor.

It floated a bit and landed underneath the table behind ours, right in front of Cindy Patterson's feet.

The good thing was that Cindy hadn't noticed because I had to get that paper back. Not just because there was a lot of cool drawings on it, but because Mr. Sorenson would probably send us both to detention if he saw we were passing notes in class and not paying attention to his lesson.

Nerd King trying to pick up paper

Of course, I ended up in detention anyways, but now you can see I was only trying to get our paper back, not trying to look up Cindy Patterson's skirt which is what the teacher thought when he saw me crawling on the floor in front of Cindy Patterson's feet.

The good thing is all the guys thought it was pretty funny so my cool level is probably pretty high right now around the school. Hopefully it hasn't hurt my likeability level with the girls, but I'm not sure. Cindy Patterson was pretty mad, and the girls sitting with her didn't seem too impressed either.

It wasn't until I got down to the detention room that I realized I had the perfect argument to answer Mr. Sorenson's accusation that I was trying to look up Cindy Patterson's skirt.

Cindy wasn't wearing a skirt. She was wearing jeans.

Unfortunately, I realized at that point that it was too late to try to point this out to Mr. Sorenson, so I just found a seat in detention and stared at the clock like all the other kids were doing.

Skirt vs Jeans - illustration of the difference between a skirt and jeans

After detention was over, I drew this helpful illustration for Mr. Sorenson showing the difference between jeans and a skirt.  I think I'll give it to him tomorrow at the beginning of math class.

No comments:

Post a Comment