Lady Voldemort... She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named

Friday

I was just getting ready to go over to Boogie's house when my sister yelled up to Mom that I was going on a play date.

She thinks she's really funny, and she over-uses the playmate zing all the time because she knows it bugs me.

I'm pretty good at ignoring her most of the time. I try never to mention her by name because if you don't name something you might get lucky and it'll cease to exist.

Kinda like Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter books. 

Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter

Harry Potter and his friends often refer to Voldemort as He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, and that's kinda like my sister. If Harry Potter lived around here, he'd probably call my sister She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Come to think of it, that's not bad. I think I'll start calling her that.  Either that, or Lady Voldemort.  That's good too!

Lady Voldemort... She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named - Harry Potter

When I do have to call her by name, I always call her Tabitha Marie Ridgemont because she hates her full name. She likes to go by Tabi, and that's what all her friends call her.

She does the same thing to me, but it doesn't really bother me when she calls me by my full name, Maximus Jeffery Ridgemont. I don't mind the sound of my full name, in fact I kinda like it although I go by Max most of the time.

I guess sisters are just supposed to be annoying because it's the way nature intended or something, but sometimes I wish Tabi would just put a cork in it.

She probably says the same thing about me, but I'm not the one who never shuts up so it's kinda obvious who should get the cork.

As much as Tabi annoys me, she does provide me with a constant source of entertainment as well. She's always doing something stupid that is way to easy to make fun of her about.

It's almost too easy these days because she's got braces on her teeth, and there's always something to say about those that gets her going.

Just this morning there was the sound of a train on TV so I went over and pretended to be looking for something in her mouth. When she asked me what I was doing, I said I heard a train so I was checking the tracks to see if I could see it.

It wasn't even one of my better ones, but she stormed off in a huff anyways like she usually does when I'm on my A game and zing her really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment